Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for research activities using the IIASA Management Information System (e.g. initiate workflows for fee contracts, subcontracts, open access publications, and more)
- Assist research staff and visitors with travel bookings including arranging flights and accommodation and organizing conferences and meetings
- Process reimbursement claims for travel, visitors and conferences
- Maintain the RISK Program’s webpage using the IIASA Content Management System (CMS); including the drafting of news and event pages
- Proof-read scientific texts such as web content and papers in English, and check for grammar using computer-aided text processing
- Assist in completing references with bibliographic databases
- Provide support for the maintenance and collation of information for budgets and financial reports (e.g., recording expenditures, updating records and the department credit card statement)
- Assist with the collation of information for reports and scientific texts, utilizing appropriate formats and styles
- Maintain various filing systems (including electronic files and databases)
- Deal independently with routine administrative tasks and correspondence (e.g., maintaining group calendars and RISK SharePoint sites)
- Interact with other departments and keep up-to-date with regulations and procedures within the Institute and keep staff within the group informed
- Perform other general administrative duties as and when required, such as minute-taking, assisting with room allocations for new staff, and organize catering for staff conferences/events).
Background and Qualifications:
- Excellent command of the English Language (verbal and written) with strong text editing skills; a good working-level of German would be an asset
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment, ideally in a research institution
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work through regular interruptions
- Ability to work independently, as well as in close collaboration with administrative staff
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Detail-oriented, even when carrying out routine administrative tasks
- Strong IT skills, including use of MS Office products, and willingness to learn new systems (Management Information System, Content Management System)
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal office hours (e.g., organization of meetings, completion of tasks to meet deadlines).
The position is a full-time (40 hours) role based at the IIASA offices in Laxenburg. An initial employment contract for three months will be offered. Following completion of this trial period, and with the agreement of both parties, the contract may be extended to become open-ended.
The salary offered will be based on qualifications and experience. IIASA salaries are exempt from taxation in the host country of Austria (subject to the principle of income aggregation).
This position is categorized as a "General Service" post. All staff in the General Service category shall be recruited from within commuting distance of Laxenburg, Austria irrespective of nationality and the length of time they may have been in the country. Moving and settlement allowances will not apply.
IIASA is committed to a working environment that promotes equality, diversity, tolerance and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. In the case that candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to internal applicants and those who are nationals of IIASA member countries.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV plus names and contact details of two work-related references via email to:
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, 20th September
Internal reference# 190421