29 September 2019
Schloss Laxenburg, IIASA
For the first time in many years, Schloss Laxenburg, or the "Blauer Hof" will be accessible to external visitors, who will have a unique chance to learn all about the history of the castle and IIASA.
Visitors who register for one of the guided tours will be able to see countless attractions of the castle, including the Elisabeth Room with a majestic portrait of Empress Maria Theresia and the Sissi Pavillion.
If you are more interested in history of art and the Habsburgs’ time in Laxenburg, register for one of the "Schloss Laxenburg history" guided tours. These tours will only be given in German.
If you are interested in both the history of the castle and IIASA, register for one of "IIASA history" guided tours (in English or German)
The tours will take the visitors along the following route:
1. Tour start - Brief introduction to IIASA
2. Main staircase - IIASA Directors and Council Chairs
3. Wodak Room - The beginnings of IIASA
4. NMO Gallery - IIASA National Member Organizations
5. Elisabeth Room - The Habsburg Era
6. Sissi Pavillion - Empress Elisabeth in Laxenburg
7. Schlossplatz - End of tour
To participate in one of the tours, please fill out the form below. Note, that the maximum number of visitors per tour is 25. Tours will be offered free of charge.
Last edited: 08 August 2019
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Phone: (+43 2236) 807 0 Fax:(+43 2236) 71 313