To register for the conference or arrange interviews, email Katherine Leitzell at . Livestreaming will also be available if you plan to cover the conference via the Internet.
During the IIASA 40th Anniversary Conference: Worlds Within Reach- From Science to Policy, researchers from IIASA and from around the world will present new findings on areas from energy, water, climate change, population, and other global challenges. The conference brings together scientists with policymakers and industry experts to provide real solutions to the world’s problems.
More information will be available online and in the conference Media Kit. For more information on attending or covering the conference, see How to cover the IIASA conference.
- Opening session speakers will include Austrian President Heinz Fischer, Nobel Prize-winning scientists Carlo Rubbia, Yuan-Tseh Lee, and Thomas Schelling, among other top policymakers and scientists. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon will address the conference via a video message.
- IIASA Energy and Transitions to New Technologies researchers will discuss findings from the recently released Global Energy Assessment. The entire book will be freely available for download on 20 October, 2012
- IIASA World Population Program researchers will discuss new findings from their projections project, which provides comprehensive population projections for the world up to 2050.
- Water researchers at IIASA, including Director & CEO Pavel Kabat, Bill Cosgrove, and David Wiberg, will discuss the new World Water Scenarios initiative, a new assessment of worldwide water issues following on previous UN reports.
- Researchers from IIASA’s Ecosystems Services and Management program will discuss research related to food security, biofuels, and sustainable development.
- IIASA Mitigation of Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases (MAG) program scientists will discuss findings on the co-benefits of simultaneously cutting air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Evolution and environment researchers will present recent findings on the state of our environment and strategies for environmental sustainability.