28 April 2015 - 03 May 2015
San Diego, USA
The Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America (PAA) provides a forum for demographers, sociologists, economists, public health professionals, and other individuals interested in research and education in the field of population. In 2015 the conference is taking place between 28 April-3 May in San Diego, USA.
Researchers from IIASA's World Population Program will present and discuss new research in presentations and poster sessions at this important event and will function as session chairs.
In addition, the United Nations Population Division in collaboration with IIASA's World Population Program is organizing an invited session on "World population projections: Comparison and discussion of alternative approaches". The session will compare the most recent population projections by IIASA to those of the United Nations. It will be chaired by Jane Menken, Director of the Institute of Behavioral Science at the University of Colorado Boulder, and will include presentations by UN Population Division Director John R. Wilmoth and World Population Program Director Wolfgang Lutz, followed by a discussion with Michael Teitelbaum, Harvard Law School, and former IIASA scientist Brian O'Neill, National Center for Atmospheric Research. Session 72 will take place on Thursday, April 30, 2:45 PM - 4:15 PM.
For detailed information to the PAA 2015 please visit the event website.
Poster Session 2: Data and Methods/Applied Demography/ Spatial Demography/ Demography of Crime, Thursday, April 30, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
26. How Many Old People Have Ever Lived on Earth? • Dalkhat M. Ediev, Gustav Feichtinger, Alexia Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, and Miguel Sanchez Romero
Poster Session 3: Fertility Intentions and Behaviors, Thursday, April 30, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
83. Two-Tier Fertility Decline in Nigeria: The Growing Discrepancy between Muslims and Christians • Marcin Stonawski, Michaela Potancokova, Matthew Cantele, Vegard Skirbekk
Poster Session 4: Children and Youth/Population and Aging, Thursday, April 30, 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
6. Active Ageing Typologies and Related Health Outcomes: A Latent Class Analysis of the Older Europeans • Bruno Arpino, and Valeria Bordone
Poster Session 8: Economy, Labor Force, Education, and Inequality/Gender, Race and Ethnicity, Saturday, May 2, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
18. Women's Labor Potential in an Aging Taiwan: Population and Labor Force Projections by Education up to 2050 • Yen-Hsin Alice Cheng, and Elke Loichinger
Session 68: Longevity: Past, Present, and Future, Thursday, April 30, 2:45 PM - 4:15 PM
3. Faster Increases in Human Life Expectancy Will Lead to Slower Population Aging • Warren C. Sanderson and Sergei Scherbov
Session 104: Methods and Measurement in Population, Development, and Environment Research, Friday, May 1, 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
4. Differential Mortality Patterns from Hydro-Meteorological Disasters: Evidence from Vital Records of Cause of Death Data by Sex and Age • Raya Muttarak and Erich Striessnig
Session 219: Gender, Power, Sexual Health, and Family Planning, Saturday, May 2, 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM
3. Like Mother, Like Daughter and also Like Mother-in-law? Influence of Older Generation’s Fertility Behaviours on Daughter’s Family Size Preferences in India • Abhishek Kumar, Raya Muttarak and Valeria Bordone
Last edited: 28 April 2015
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Phone: (+43 2236) 807 0 Fax:(+43 2236) 71 313