Fuzzy Day conference presented by the Society of Quantitative Analysts (SQA), will feature experts from a variety of fields from the USA, Europe and Australia to discuss the latest research in the field of socially responsible investing. The Marquee event of the SQA will discuss ethical asset management, sustainable technologies, social innovations in finance, alternative energy, and climate change risks. It aims to foster dialogue in an educational setting.
The conference program brings cutting-edge research in the field of socially responsible investing, and also investigates the field's investment opportunities. To achieve these goals, the SQA has gathered leading experts from the U.S., Europe and Australia. The agenda will cover climate change risk, alternative energy, ESG investing, carbon emission pricing, ethical asset management, and more. The conference agenda is not meant to promote any particular investment style. The event is meant to be an educational venue where dialogue/debate will be fostered, with the hope to learn from recent research and industry experience.
Notable Presentations by:
- Jon Entine, Emmy award winning Journalist and Founder of ESG MediaMetrics, will talk about "Sustainable Investing and Sustainable Technologies".
- Jack Gray, Adjunct Professor at the Centre for Capital Market Dysfunctionality at UTS (Sydney) and a founding member of the Q-Group Australia, will tell about "Misadventures of An Irresponsible Investor".
- Bruce Kahn, Lecturer in Sustainability Management at The Earth Institute of Columbia University, will overview "Sustainable Investing: Establishing Long-Term Value and Performance".
- Mark Kritzman, President and CEO of Windham Capital Management, LLC, will analyze "The Cost of Socially Responsible Investing".
- Bob Litterman, Senior Partner at Kepos Capital, will cover "The Price of Climate Risk".
- Nebojsa (Naki) Nakicenovic, Deputy Director of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), will present "Multiple Benefits of Sustainable Investments for Transforming Energy Systems".
- John Rogers, President and CEO of the CFA Institute, will speak on "The Sustainability of the Finance Industry".
- Robert J. Shiller, Professor of Economics at Yale University and author of "Irrational Exuberance" and "Finance and the Good Society", will introduce "The Benefit Corporation, the Social Impact Bond and Other Financial Innovations".
For more information please visit the conference website.
Download the conference flyer.
Friday, 31 May 2013
MSCI Conference Center
7 World Trade Center
New York, NY 10007