08 December 2017
Hofburg Dachfoyer, Vienna, Austria
Mutually beneficial economic cooperation contributes to good-neighborly relations, confidence, stability and security, and it is therefore also a main focus of the work of the OSCE and its Economic and Environmental Dimension.
The high-level event will bring policymakers, diplomats, scientists and business representatives together in order to discuss how to promote connectivity, strengthen economic ties and create new business opportunities despite current political tensions.
The panel will discuss following questions:
Recognizing the potential of youth to contribute to economic cooperation and sustainable economic development, the winner of the contest of the International Youth Forum “Future of Eurasian and European Integration: Foresight – 2040”, hosted by IIASA, will report on how young people can enhance connectivity and how they perceive opportunities for closer economic cooperation in the wider European and Eurasian Space.
- Professor Dr. Pavel Kabat, Director General and CEO, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- Ambassador Florian Raunig, Head of Task Force, Austrian OSCE Chairmanship 2017
- H.E. Mr. Tigran Sargsyan, Chairman of the Board, Eurasian Economic Commission (tbc)
- Mr. Ignacio Garcia Bercero, Director, DG TRADE, European Commission
- Ing. Mag. (FH) Andreas Matthä, Chairman of the Board of Management (CEO), ÖBB (tbc)
- Mr. Felipe Jaramillo, Senior Director for Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment, World Bank Group
- Winner, Contest of the International Youth Forum “Future Eurasian and European Integration: Foresight – 2040”
Last edited: 15 November 2017
Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within a Wider European and Eurasian Space
24th OSCE Ministerial Council
04 Dec 2017 - 08 Dec 2017
25 Jun 2017 - 27 Jun 2017
Vinokurov E, Balás P, Emerson M, Havlik P, Pereboev V, Rovenskaya E, Stepanova A, Kofner J, et al. (2016). Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within a Wider European and Eurasian Space. Synthesis Report. In: Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within a Wider European and Eurasian Space, IIASA, Laxenburg.
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Phone: (+43 2236) 807 0 Fax:(+43 2236) 71 313