06 May 2013 - 08 May 2013
Water Futures and Solutions- Project Group Meeting
The first project group meeting of the Water Futures and Solutions Initiative will be held at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria on 6-8 May, 2013.
The purpose of the meeting is to agree on the methodological concept, models and data that will be used in the assessment and to decide on timeline and deliverables. Key methodological and modeling experts will be represented from IIASA and the following institutions:
- Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research,
- Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Oxfrodshire,
- National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan,
- Center for Environmental Systems Research, University of Kassel,
- Institute for Environment and Sustainability, Joint Research Centre (JRC),
- Alterra Wageningen UR,
- Water Research Commission,
- Environment and Production Technology Division, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI),
- Waegeningen University, Netherlands
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Australia,
- Programme Office for Global Water Assessment Division of Water Sciences, UNESCO,
- CUNY Environmental CrossRoads Initiative.
The meeting venue is Gvishiani Room, IIASA. The draft Agenda and various background documents: Project Plan, Conceptual Framework, Terminology are available for download.