The SA-YSSP provides a unique opportunity for academic and personal growth, bringing participants in contact with an international group of students and faculty in a collaborative environment.
SA-YSSP participants have access to state-of-the-art library and computing facilities at the University of the Free State.
Participants receive full funding for their stay. Participants from South Africa and from countries of the Southern African Development Community receive coverage for their travel expenses. Participants also have the opportunity to:
- collaborate with IIASA and South African scientists on a project relevant to the participant’s research;
- contribute to collaborative research by senior advisors;
- broaden their research into interdisciplinary and trans-boundary research relevant to national, regional, and global needs;
- publish their research in collaboration with IIASA and South African scientists;
- gain exposure to international research through interaction with national and international experts taking part in program supervision and the seminar series;
- build international, interdisciplinary collaborations with program advisors and other program participants.