Accepted candidates are offered
- an allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg
- limited support for monthly business travel
- a scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ 39 000 EUR). It is exempt from taxation in Austria, but subject to the principle of income aggregation.
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
- The chance to work in a rich international scientific environment alongside scientists from many different countries and disciplines;
- The opportunity to gain hands-on experience of real-world problems, rather than conducting purely academic research;
- Administrative, computer and library support as well as other research-related resources are provided by IIASA;
- Discovering new career prospects as a result of the experience and insights gained at IIASA;
- Access to contact with IIASA’s worldwide network of collaborators, many of whom have highly successful careers in their own specialized scientific area;
- Working in the inspiring surroundings of IIASA's headquarters in the Laxenburg castle (Schloss Laxenburg), close to Vienna, Austria, one of Europe's most beautiful cities.
Being part of a vibrant scientific community with the ability to share and discuss research with experts in their field.
Postdoctoral scholars at IIASA have the opportunity to work closely with scientists from their own and other disciplines to broaden and strengthen their research interests and gain work experience within a lively and close-knit community.