Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of in-room IT support to high-level meetings and conferences; manages the setting up of conference rooms and assists the audio technician with the running of key meetings
- Proactive advance coordination with conference/meeting organizers to ensure smooth operations
- Responsible for running online meeting systems including Skype, Skype for Business, WebEx and Video Teleconferencing (Polycom VTC) for key meetings and assisting users with these services
- Management of the Institute’s telecommunications system including configuration and installation of telephones, telephone line patching, configuration changes within the Nortel CS1000 PBX and assistance with the administration of the existing PBX, and support the migration to a new VOIP telephone system
- Provision of first-level help desk support and troubleshooting for all ICT hardware to include (but not limited to) desktop and laptop computers, printers, copiers, presentation beamers and other related peripheral devices
- Coordination with warranty and external repair services to ensure timely repair of defective hardware
- Relocation and placement of IT hardware (i.e. PC’s, printers and telephones)
- Performs other tasks as necessary to benefit the department
- Deputizes for other ICT staff during absences.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Some relevant technical training or hands-on experience gained from performing in a similar role
- Technical knowledge of and experience with MS Windows, Office and other standard software packages
- Ability to work independently and to act within a fast-pace environment where quick thinking solutions are needed
- Experience with online meeting and video conferencing systems, and meeting room support
- Experience providing IT help desk support in a professional office environment.
The Position is a full time role, based at IIASA’s offices in Laxenburg. It is foreseen that following an initial trial period of three months, and with the agreement of both parties, the employment contract offered can be extended.
IIASA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. IIASA salaries are exempt from taxation in the host country of Austria (subject to the principle of income aggregation).
Since we foresee being able to fill General Service posts such as this with locally recruited candidates, allowances for travel to the Institute and settlement in Austria will not apply.
IIASA is committed to a working environment that promotes equality, diversity, tolerance and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. In the case that candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of IIASA member countries.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses (including e-mail) and telephone numbers of two work-related references to:
Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator,
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA),
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Review of applications will begin immediately and be ongoing until the position has been filled.
For general information about our Institute and its research activities, please visit our IIASA Web site.
Internal reference # 170292