Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Officer for IIASA Council, Advisory Committees and National member Organization (NMO) relations
- Assists the Special Advisor to the Director General/CEO
- Assists with Directorate related events and visitors
- Provides professional assistance and organizational support for large conferences particularly in relation to financial matters, travel arrangements, transportation, hotel and catering
- Provides administrative support for the organization of the Alpbach Laxenburg Group (ALG) meetings
- Maintains conference-related web pages
- Manages the online room booking system
- Administers and maintains the Directorate contact database
- Identifies needs and negotiates costs, services and arrangements with external suppliers as required, e.g., group and individual hotel rates, catering and technical services, etc.
- Prepares statistical reports on conferences/visitors
- Supports the Directorate with other administrative and secretarial tasks, as needed
to benefit the department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Several years of work experience, preferably in an international environment
- Excellent command of English and German
- Experience in organizing, planning and developing conferences and events
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Working knowledge of CMS web design software
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines under demanding conditions.
The Position is a full time role, based at IIASA’s offices in Laxenburg. It is foreseen that following an initial trial period of three months, and with the agreement of both parties, the employment contract offered can be extended to become open ended.
IIASA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. IIASA salaries are exempt from taxation in the host country of Austria (subject to the principle of income aggregation).
IIASA is committed to a working environment that promotes equality, diversity, tolerance and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. In the case that candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of IIASA member countries.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and names, addresses (including e-mail) and telephone numbers of two work-related references to:
Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator,
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA),
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
For general information about our Institute and its research activities, please visit our IIASA Web site.