Under the direct supervision of the IIASA Director, the Personal Assistant to the Director/CEO provides administrative support to the Director and manages the Directorate (DI).
Specifically, the incumbent's work includes but is not limited to the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules appointments and daily commitments of the Director, maintains the office calendar, receives visitors and arranges for official hospitality provided by the Director;
- Arranges and monitors the Director’s appointments, meetings and travel, liaises with missions and embassies when necessary, ensures smooth running of the Directorate;
- Drafts and prepares routine correspondence, prepares and completes correspondence on own initiative with minimal supervision, maintains office files;
- Receives and distributes all incoming correspondence as necessary;
- Makes all travel arrangements for the Director, including preparation of travel-related documentation;
- Organizes Institute-wide activities, e.g., IIASA’s Birthday, Staff Anniversaries, Christmas Cup of Cheer, etc.;
- Involvement in all renovation, restoration and beautification activities of IIASA’s buildings;
- Deputizes for other Directorate staff during absences and supports with administrative and secretarial tasks, as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- Several years of relevant working experience, preferably for a person at senior management level, within an international environment;
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- A mature personality with a high degree of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Able to set priorities, work under pressure with minimal guidance and meet tight deadlines in often challenging conditions;
- Skilled at multitasking and able to adapt to constantly changing demands while continuing to produce work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, if required;
- Native level English and a good working knowledge of German;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
To apply send a cover letter and resume plus names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of three work-related references per email to:
Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Officer,
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA),
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Deadline for receipt of applications 30 April 2012.
For general information about our Institute and its research activities, please visit our IIASA Web site.